All OTC DAIHEN weld sensing solutions are single-source supplied with interfaces built into our teach pendant. Our robot sensors offer real-time position tracking, seam tracking, groove detection and material thickness monitoring for optimal weld accuracy.
FD-QT Laser Tracking Sensor
The FD-QT Laser Tracking Sensor provides look-ahead tracking, feature detection and gap measurement for your most challenging robotic welding applications. Incorporating a projected laser stripe and built-in camera, this sensor is fully integrated into your FD-series robot controller and teach pendant, allowing simple setup and live monitoring of the joint via the touch-screen of the pendant.
- NO PC required
- Live view of joint profile
- Simple setup via built-in library of joint profile geometry
- 12 unique built-in joint geometries
- No guesswork delivers a simple setup!
The FD-QT delivers flawless detection of the following weld joint information:
- Seam finding
- Active seam tracking
- Start-point and end-point detection
- Torch angle control (maintain tangent attitude to weldment surface)
- Gap measurement for adaptive weld control
FD-QD Non-Contact “Touchless” Sensor
Quick and accurate part deviation detection! The FD-QD (Quick Detect) is a 3D laser search system that boosts your productivity by recognizing problems before they occur. This incredible system shifts its taught programs to match the actual location of the workpieces – even with difficult joints. FD-QD is well suited for a variety of applications, including standard MIG, TIG, and air plasma cutting.
- Designed for arc welding applications
- Full operation via teaching pendant
- Unique concept sensing system with better versatility for deviation detection
- Laser detection provides quick sensing with the highest degree of accuracy
- Fully integrated functions developed by DAIHEN
- Response time is blazing fast
- Can search at speeds of up to 200cm/min
- Ideal for thin plate applications that can’t be monitored by touch sensor
- All search parameters set via the teach pendant
FD-AR Through-Arc Seam Tracking
The FD-AR system is a real-time robotic seam tracking sensor used to maintain optimal welding conditions. By measuring weld data via an arc tracking system, the FD-AR determines whether production welds are living up to their quality standards.
- Through-arc seam tracking
- Simple and easy operation
- No additional torch components for easy maintenance
- Most popular sensor worldwide
- High-reliability and versatility
- Good for mid to thick plate mild-steel/stainless applications
- Settings and controls in the teaching pendant are in a dedicated user-friendly menu
- Easy to understand & easy to use
FD-WD/WD-H Touch Sensing
The FD-WD and FD-WD-H sensors enable a robotic deviation detection system used for finding linear changes in a part. Wire sensing is the most common sensing method available. No additional hardware is required (all sensing is performed via the weld wire).
- Conventional sensing with modern functions
- Simple and easy to use, yet quite versatile
- Various functions for many applications
- Dedicated, designed menu in teaching pendant
- Programmable commands increase range of usability
FD-TR TIG Arc Sensor
Need the highest degree of precision during robotic TIG arc welding? Upgrade your setup with DAIHEN’s FD-TR system, the leading edge real-time robotic tracking sensor used to maintain optimal welding conditions. By measuring arc voltage during welding, the FD-TR arc sensor moves the torch vertically in order to maintain the best possible constant arc length. Feedback is relayed via the tungsten electrode in the torch.
- Real-time tracking to compensate for defects in parts such as distortion, poor fit-up, loose fixtures, and more
- Available for a wide range of plate thicknesses, 0.040″ (1.0mm) and greater
- Simple and easy operation via dedicated menu in the teach pendant
- No problem in TIG welding environments
- High-reliability and versatility
- Excellent for all plate thicknesses
- Settings and controls in the teaching pendant are in a dedicated, user-friendly menu
- Simple configuration that can be connected to any type of OTC DAIHEN TIG machine
- Stable and accurate tracking